How To Decorate A Mini Flat In Nigeria; Small Space, Big Style
You are reading the right article if you want to know how to decorate a mini flat in Nigeria with minimal additions.
You have a relatively small space in a mini flat, so you might need some guidance in getting décor that will not clutter up your house.
You can conveniently get a duplex if you need more space, but this article will focus on mini flats.
So how can you decorate your house if you have limited space? What are some ways to make your house look more elegant? Read on to know this and more;
How To Decorate A Mini Flat In Nigeria
It is often a struggle to get a place in big cities, but there are reputable companies that can help you get a superb flat in big cities like Abuja. Once you get your house, you must figure out how to make it look amazing. Let’s get to it;
- Use plants as décor. Plants are a fantastic way to add natural texture and color to your mini flat. Numerous small plant species can fit in a mini flat without taking up too much space. Plants will also purify the air and improve the quality of the room. You can use potted or hanging plants that don’t take up too much space.
- Add artwork. Art is one of the best forms of décor, especially for a mini flat, since it does not take up too much space. Get some artwork, portraits, drawings of flowers, and others, and hang them on the walls of your living area. Choose pieces that are the right size for your space and that fit with your overall decor style. Using too many art pieces will create a confusing décor pattern that will ruin the setup.
- Use area rugs. Just like paintings, rags can add to the beauty of a room without taking up space. Area rugs can help define different areas of your mini flat and add warmth and texture to your floors. Choose rugs that are the right size for your space and that coordinate with your color scheme. Match the rags with the walls or furniture to create an artistically sensible pattern.
- Incorporate textiles. Use textiles like curtains, throw pillows, and blankets to add softness and texture to your mini flat. They are beautiful and helpful in giving you privacy and additional comfort while using your furniture. Choose durable and easy-to-clean fabrics, like cotton or linen, and choose a color pattern to match your carpet and furniture.
- Create a focal point. You must have one element of the house décor that will stand out and become the focal point. It can be a piece of art on the wall or furniture in the living area. This will attract the attention of anyone who enters the room and make the space feel more organized and collected. This will be complemented by the art and plants to create a unique environment without needing too much space.
- Add lighting and mirrors. Good lighting is crucial in making small spaces look more prominent. You can use a combination of several lighting options to create an inviting and warm atmosphere that will make the house more beautiful. Mirrors can help with décor by creating the illusion of a larger room or reflecting light, making the room brighter and more welcoming. Use mirrors strategically, such as placing them across from a window to maximize natural light or hanging them on a focal wall to create depth and dimension.
- Use storage solutions. In a small space, clutter can quickly become overwhelming. Invest in storage solutions like baskets, shelves, and other options to keep your house organized and tidy. This is more pleasing than a messy house with no clear organizational plan. A clean room looks more beautiful than a disorganized one, so a little organization is a good start. This will also make adding more decorations around the house easier to complete the look and create a home.
How Much Will It Cost To Decorate A Mini Flat In Nigeria?
You know how to decorate your mini flat, but how much money do you need to achieve the best results? Finances are a vital part of the endeavor since you can only decorate your house with items you can afford without canceling other plans.
There isn’t an actual cost of decorating a mini flat since there are a lot of factors that determine the value.
The first factor is the flat size; mini flats are not all the same size. Some in rural areas are larger than those in towns and cities; therefore, they are more expensive to decorate.
Another determining factor is the quality of materials you will use in decorating the mini flat. Material quality increases with the price; therefore, it will come down to personal needs and preferences. You will also have to account for the expertise of the decorator you hire to do the work.
Professional interior designers and decorators are often expensive, and it might cost you much more to get the décor.
The flat’s location will affect transportation, access to the décor, and manpower if needed, affecting the final price.
Considering all these factors, decorating a mini flat in Nigeria will cost you anywhere from ₦100,000 to ₦500,000. Depending on the above factors, the amount might be less or more than this.
This is a large amount, but remember that it will cover the painting, furniture, lighting, mirrors, curtains, carpets, décor accessories, and any other items you need. But you don’t have to spend all this money if you don’t have it.
You can opt for more affordable decorating options, such as DIY projects, if you have an artistic inclination.
You could also shop for refurbished or second-hand furniture, which will be half or three-quarters the price of the original.
Ultimately, the cost of decorating your mini flat in Nigeria will depend on your preferences, style, and budget. There is a good enough plan for everyone; you just have to be creative with what you get.
Why Is It Important To Decorate Your Mini Flat?
Most people will tell you how to decorate your mini flat and what you need to decorate it, but most people don’t know why they do it.
If you live alone or with a few friends, you don’t need to impress them, so why decorate your mini flat? Well, here are four compelling reasons that will show you why it is a good idea;
Creates a welcoming atmosphere
This is the first and the most obvious reason for most people. Decor can help create a warm and inviting atmosphere in your mini flat, making it more comfortable and appealing.
People visiting you will be more comfortable with some décor in the house rather than a plain living area with nothing beautiful. It will be soothing to you and all guests, which is a big plus.
A big part of decorating is the organization of items in a visually appealing way. Decorating your mini flat can help you make the most of the limited space available, allowing you to have more stuff and increasing the home’s comfort.
Placing furniture and decor items can make your mini flat feel more spacious and functional. This will make your stay more comfortable, making the house more of a home.
Personalizes your space
Most of the décor you will have in your mini flat has something to do with your personality and the things you like. It could be art, a poster about a celebrity, a nice photo, an ocean image, etc.
Decorating your mini flat can help you make it feel like home by adding personal touches and items that reflect your style and personality.
So when you walk into the rooms, you will feel like you are in your mind, making it safer, nicer, and more relaxing.
Part of the décor includes mirrors, lighting, storage solutions, hanging spots, and more. Besides contributing to its beauty, all these aspects can make a house more convenient.
You can use mirrors for dressing; lighting will make it easier to see in the dark, and storage solutions allow you to keep more items. These make your life more efficient and comfortable, making a house a home.
Now you can decorate a Mini flat in Nigeria and create elegance from your limited space without cramming up the house. Décor is subjective, but you can follow these general guidelines to create a beautiful environment without crowding your flat. Decorating a new house is crucial, so you need to have all the information on a house before you settle to make decorations easier. Plants and portraits can add to the beauty and give the room a personality that makes it more welcoming.